Let’s App Smash! Canva for Education x Soundtrap for EducationOctober 25, 2022
What Is App Smashing?
App smashing is about using multiple apps in tandem to complete a task, and it’s a fantastic approach for EdTech projects. When apps are integrated, you and your students can easily build the foundation of a project in one app and then go to another to create a completely different element. You can then merge these pieces of content together to create a unified final product that’s polished from start to finish.
Why App Smash?
Because app smashing involves several specialized applications working together, it involves creative thinking from your students, maximizes the value created by your applications, and often results in more engaging final products. As long as students clearly understand what they want to achieve and have an outline of the project, app smashing can empower them to craft a more efficient and exciting end result.
App Smash Canva for Education with Soundtrap
Eager to get started? In the video below, you’ll find creative and practical ideas for app smashing Canva for Education with Soundtrap.
Soundtrap and Canva Are a Perfect Match
- Both are browser-based. Safely store and edit every part of your project online.
- Both provide easy accessibility to your project anywhere, anytime.
- Combining sound and visuals supports every student’s learning style.
Example Uses for Canva x Soundtrap
From recording student podcasts with iconic logos to creating commercials that pair voiceovers and graphics, there are countless ways to creatively app smash the tools from Canva and Soundtrap. Here are just a few real-world examples you can try!
Create a Read-Along Story with Students’ Own Voices
- Use Soundtrap to practice fluency and reading aloud
- Track progress over time, even between formal assessments
- Partner that audio file with a motivating book cover or slideshow in Canva
Practice Vocabulary or Terminology with Audio Glossaries
- Create vocabulary templates in Soundtrap, where students can record their own definitions
- Check their understanding of terms and concepts
- Encourage discussion and true comprehension
- Pair recordings with Canva templates to create interactive posters, graphics, or flashcards
Learn New Languages by Recording Partner Conversations
- Alleviate students’ stress of public speaking
- Enable collaboration and teamwork between partners
- Use Canva graphics to add real-time subtitles to the presentation
Pair Music and Art for Interdisciplinary Learning
- Record your own tracks or build a project with Soundtrap’s sound packs
- Create an album cover or art piece in Canva for a multimedia experience
- Share with friends and classmates or add to a portfolio
What Is Soundtrap for Education?
Soundtrap is learning for today. It’s an online learning tool that enables teachers to support a STEAM curriculum through music, podcasts, and other recording projects. Soundtrap fosters a collaborative environment where students develop their creative and communication skills. From primary school to university, the program’s simple interface is designed to suit students of all levels in any classroom.
Soundtrap has a huge collection of loops and software instruments that can support even professionals. You and your students can record songs directly with the computer microphone or plug in an instrument to lay down tracks.
Soundtrap works on any device and all projects are saved in the cloud, which means you can access them anywhere. It is tailored to suit BYOD schools and makes life easier for administrators thanks to its multi-platform capability. Managing creative projects has never been so easy. Plus, Soundtrap for Education promotes collaborative learning, empowering students to work together on projects in person or remotely via internal video and chat tools.
▶️ Start a Free Soundtrap Teacher Trial: https://www.soundtrap.com/edu/
▶️ Soundtrap Resources: https://edu.soundtrap.com/teacher-resources/
▶️ Become a Soundtrap Certified Educator: https://academy.soundtrap.com/
📌 Level 1 Soundtrap Student Course: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt…
📌 Level 2 Soundtrap Student Course: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt…
📌 Level 3 Soundtrap Student Course: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt…
MORE APP SMASHING TUTORIALS
🎵 Chrome Music Lab with Soundtrap:
🎵 Canva with Soundtrap:
🎵 Book Creator with Soundtrap: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-book-creator-with-soundtrap
🎵 Soundtrap and Adobe Express: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-soundtrap-and-adobe-express
🎵 Soundtrap and Scratch: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-soundtrap-and-scratch
🎵 Soundtrap and Google Tools: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-soundtrap-and-google-tools
🎵 Noteflight with Soundtrap: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-noteflight-with-soundtrap
🎵 Flat.io with Soundtrap: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-flat-io-with-soundtrap
🎵 Soundtrap and Wakelet: https://edu.soundtrap.com/app-smashing-tutorial-soundtrap-and-wakelet
🎵 Publishing Soundtrap Projects with Google Sites, Canva, or Wakelet: https://edu.soundtrap.com/publishing-soundtrap-projects-google-sites-canva-or-wakelet